Cracked sewer pipe repair or replacement can be costly, but it simply isn’t optional a cracked sewer pipe can cause massive and costly property damage. They can even lead to serious health risks for you and your family. If a sewer line fails, repair is always going to be the first option, but when repair isn’t possible, the line will have to be replaced. Murray Electric & Plumbing is your best local sewer repair and replacement specialist.
If you need help with a cracked or damaged sewer line, call us at (539) 233-5080 or visit us online to request an estimate.
The most likely reasons for your sewer line damage are:
- Poor maintenance.
- Buildup of debris, grease or sludge.
- Infiltration by tree roots.
- Seasonal ground freezing and thawing cycles.
- Earth movement, such as earthquakes or heavy construction nearby.
- Normal wear and tear.
- Poor construction, layout, design, or installation.
- Backup from the main line.
It is important to understand that any pipe can be broken if it is put under enough pressure, either by the material it carries or by the ground surrounding it.
How to Know If a Sewer Pipe is Broken
- Your toilet makes unusual or gurgling sounds.
- The water in your toilet is low.
- Bathtub drains slowly, or not at all.
- Sewage backup in your toilet or tub.
- Odor in your basement or yard.
- Greener grass close to the sewage pipe.
- Flooded yard.
Broken Sewer Line Solutions
You will need a sewer line expert to safely access your sewer pipes for inspection and repair or replacement. We will take every possible step to avoid the need to completely replace your sewer pipes.
While every property and system are unique, some types of problems are fairly common when dealing with sewer pipes. These are some of the most common issues that we address:
- Pipe relining: Existing pipes are coated from the inside (after a thorough cleaning) giving you a basically all new pipe. The lining can also be used preventatively to protect pipes from future cracks.
- Burst pipe hydraulic replacement: This is a trenchless technique. Hydraulics are used to pull a new pipe into place through the old one and break apart the old pipe in order to replace it more easily with a new one.
- Preventive pipe maintenance: Because it is expensive and labor intensive to repair or replace a sewer pipe, preventative maintenance is crucial. Regular inspections and having drains cleaned can go a long way towards preventing sewer pipe cracks and damage.
Sewer Line Replacement
In some cases the damage to a sewer line is too significant to repair and the pipe will have to be replaced. Murray Electric & Plumbing are experts at replacing sewage lines and we can understand the problem, explore your options and see exactly how we will be able to fix the issue. We are here to help, and because we value our customers, we will never try to sell you on needless services and products. We use trenchless methods to preserve your lawn and landscaping, and because they are much more economical than other methods. We strive to always provide you with the best service possible at the best price.
Expert Sewer Line Repair & Replacement
If you have concerns about your sewer lines, such as invasive tree roots or pipes that are leaking sewage do not hesitate to call. Stop the problem before the damage has a chance to get any worse. Call Murray Electric & Plumbing at (539) 233-5080 or visit us online to schedule an appointment. Our plumbing experts are ready to help you take care of all your sewer pipe service needs.