Garbage Disposal Repair, Replacement & Installation
Garbage disposals are a terrific convenience in the kitchen, but if they face a lot of rough use, eventually, it will need to be repaired or replaced. The annoyance of not having such a great convenience alone will be enough to have you calling for a repairman in a hurry!
If you have found yourself searching for “garbage disposal repair near me,” or you want to replace or install one in your sink, Murray Electric & Plumbing handles all makes and models, and we will be able to help you right away.
Common Garbage Disposal Problems
- Doesn’t grind properly and motor is still on
- Grinding noises are significantly louder
- Disposal starts and then shuts off immediately
- Leaks occur below the disposal
- Water isn’t draining
If the disposal has stopped working all of the sudden, you may want to check the circuit breaker. It may have tripped in your circuit panel, and can just be switched back on. Some garbage disposals also have a circuit breaker on the machine itself. This normally appears as a red “reset” button. If this does not do the trick, or if it trips the breaker again right away, there’s probably a short in the wiring, and you will require the assistance of a professional..
How To Care For a Garbage Disposal
- Firstly, never put potato peels, eggshells, fish skins, grease, or coffee grounds down a disposal.
- Freshen your garbage disposal by grinding lemon halves or lemon juice and ice cubes.
- Treat the disposal monthly with vinegar and baking soda to keep it clean and free from bacteria. Use a half of a cup of vinegar and a half of a cup of baking soda. Add the mixture to the disposal while it is not in use and is turned to the off position. Allow the mixture to work on the disposal until any foaming stops. Then rinse with clear warm water.
Garbage Disposal Installation
If you want to replace your garbage disposal or have a new one installed into your sink, the cost of installing one can vary. Is the sink equipped for a garbage disposal? Is there a source of electricity close by? These factors will ultimately help to determine the installation cost. Murray Electric & Plumbing will be happy to provide you with an estimate.
Garbage Disposal Installation Service
Our expert plumbers are trained to install most makes and models of garbage disposals. They can also use your current plumbing to install the new disposal. Plus, with Murray Electric & Plumbing, you will never need to worry about leaks or water damage. We do the job right so that it will last for the long term. Our professionals are well trained and knowledgeable. They always strive to deliver outstanding service and quality workmanship. So don’t hesitate, give us a call at (918) 835-9605 or visit us online and request an estimate today.