For safe and reliable power delivery, modern electrical outlets are the only way to go. Just changing out a few older outlets can resolve many energy-related issues. This doesn’t just add convenience and value to your home, but it provides you with safety and peace of mind as well.
If you start to notice that certain appliances will cause your breaker to trip, you may need to upgrade your kitchen outlets to put a stop to the inconvenience. If you start to see too many extension cords or your kids fighting for a place to charge their cell phone, you can have more outlets installed. You can even have USB outlets or two-duplex outlets installed in a convenient location to put a stop to the problem.
It is really important that your home has the correct electrical outlets for the devices and appliances that your family needs to use. If you need to replace or upgrade your home’s electrical outlets, schedule your outlet installation with Murray Electric & Plumbing now!
Electrical Outlet Types (GFCI)
When you are ready to have new outlets installed, whether you are replacing or installing new outlets, there are lots of great options available. These are a few of the different types of outlets that Murray Electric & Plumbing can install for you:
- Ground Fault Circuit Interrupter (GFCI) Outlets: These protect against electric shock by acting as an individual circuit breaker for the outlet.
- Arc Fault Circuit Interrupter (AFCI) Outlets: These sense and stop arcs in the electrical current.
- Smart Outlets:Just like the doorbells and speakers that you are already used to, these are another kind of smart device that lets you have your finger on the pulse of your home’s safety from anywhere. Smart outlets can even connect to your other smart devices for enhanced safety and security.
- USB Outlets: As technology changes, so do electrical needs. A great way to modernize your home is by adding USB outlets so that your USB chargers can be plugged directly into the wall outlet.
- Switched Outlets: A switched outlet gives you the convenience of a switch for whatever appliance or electronic device that you plug into the outlet.
- Tamper-Resistant Outlets: These outlets are child-resistant. They are far more reliable than plastic plug covers and give you peace of mind that your children, and even pets, are kept safe.
- Two-Duplex Outlets: These kinds of outlets actually double the amount of plug spaces available to you. These kinds of outlets are terrific for kitchens, offices and entertainment centers.
- 15-amp Outlets: This is the old standard three-prong outlet. It is best suited for low usage areas where it will not be needed often or for multiple appliances..
- 20-amp Outlets: These outlets are a great upgrade and will bring your kitchen or laundry room up to current building codes. These work best for high current kitchen appliances, such as toasters and blenders.
- 30-amp Outlets: These are normally used for gas dryers and RV power outlets.
- 50-amp Outlets: The largest outlets designed for residential buildings, these are often needed for appliances including ovens and electric dryers.
Why Choose Murray Electric & Plumbing For Your Electrical Outlet Installation?
Murray Electric & Plumbing is your local licensed electrical professional serving all of Tulsa and surrounding areas. We can help show you all of your options in electrical outlet types, and then get them installed for you right away. Visit Murray Electric & Plumbing online or call (539) 233-5080 to schedule an appointment today.