All of the electricity that your home uses is controlled by the electrical panel. If your electrical panel is not kept in good repair it will wreak havoc on all of the things in your home powered by electricity including electronics, appliances and lights. If you don’t want to get stuck dealing with these problems in the dark, make sure you upgrade an aged or damaged electric panel right away. Losing your power is not only an inconvenience, an electrical panel that is not working properly could even cause dangers inside your home.
Schedule your service appointment with Murray Electric & Plumbing today!
The Electrical Panel
Most electrical panels are found inside of a gray painted metal box. There are rows of switches called circuit breakers. Each circuit breaker controls the electrical flow to a specific place. A single larger switch, often at the very top or bottom of the panel will control power to the entire electric panel. Removing the cover should allow access to two hot bus bars, a neutral bus bar, and a ground bus bar.
Signs a Circuit Breaker is Bad
If too much electricity runs through a circuit breaker, the extra heat will cause a shut off of power. This is actually a safety feature, but it also happens when the circuit breaker goes bad or is inadequate. A breaker can go bad for a lot of different reasons including: older homes with newer HVAC equipment installed, modern electronics and even lightning strikes and water damage. These are signs that you have a bad breaker:
- Breaker trips repeatedly
- Breaker will not reset
- Breaker feels hot
- Smoke or a burning smell is coming from the panel
- Wires inside the electrical panel are frayed or melted
- A sizzling or popping noise comes from the electrical panel
Electrical Panel Repairs
Murray Electric & Plumbing will come out and inspect your electrical panel for damage and any other issues. Once we make an assessment and identify the problem, we will offer you all of the effective solutions that we can make available to you, and you can choose what is right for you and your home. These are just a few of the services that we atMurray Electric & Plumbing can offer you:
- Electrical panel upgrades: for your home to meet your electrical demands.
- Circuit breaker replacement: to keep your home’s electrical fixtures in working order.
- Installing more circuits: will give your home better electricity delivery
- Rewiring: makes sure your electrical panel is safe
- Bus bar replacement: for better performance and safety
- Moving the electrical panel: to remove concerns about moisture or other hazards
Looking For Electrical Panel Repair Near Tulsa?
If you need to find a knowledgeable electrical panel repair service in Tulsa, OK, visit Murray Electric & Plumbing online or call us at (539) 233-5080 right now! We guarantee upfront pricing, licensed electricians and enhanced availability to suit your schedule.