All of the electricity that your home uses is controlled by the electrical panel. If your electrical panel is not kept in good repair it will wreak havoc on all of the things in your home powered by electricity. For example, electronics, appliances and lights. So, if you don’t want to get stuck dealing with these problems in the dark, make sure you upgrade an aged or damaged electric panel right away. Losing power is not only an inconvenience, it could be a safety hazard to your home.
So don’t hesitate! Schedule your service appointment with Murray Electric & Plumbing today!
The Electrical Panel
Firstly, most electrical panels are found inside of a gray painted metal box. In the box, you’ll find rows of switches called circuit breakers. Each circuit breaker controls the electrical flow to a specific place. A single larger switch can often be found at the top or bottom of the electrical panel. This switch is what controls power to the entire panel. By removing the cover you can access to two hot bus bars, a neutral bus bar, and a ground bus bar.
Signs a Circuit Breaker is Bad
If too much electricity runs through a circuit breaker, the extra heat will cause a shut off of power. This is a safety feature, but it also happens when the circuit breaker goes bad or is inadequate. A breaker can go bad for a lot of different reasons. For instance, older homes with newer HVAC equipment installed, modern electronics and even lightning strikes and water damage can cause a shut off of power. In addition, these are signs that you have a bad breaker:
- Breaker trips repeatedly
- Breaker will not reset
- Smoke or a burning smell is coming from the panel
- Breaker feels hot
- Wires inside the electrical panel are frayed or melted
- A sizzling or popping noise comes from the electrical panel
Electrical Panel Repairs
Murray Electric & Plumbing will come out and inspect your electrical panel for damage and any other issues. Once we identify the problem we will be able to offer you the best solution for your needs. From here, you can choose what is right for you and your home. These are just a few of the services that we at Murray Electric & Plumbing can offer you:
- Electrical panel upgrades: for your home to meet your electrical demands.
- Circuit breaker replacement: to keep your home’s electrical fixtures in working order.
- Installing more circuits: will give your home better electricity delivery
- Rewiring: makes sure your electrical panel is safe
- Bus bar replacement: for better performance and safety
- Moving the electrical panel: to remove concerns about moisture or other hazards
Looking For Electrical Panel Repair Near Broken Arrow, OK?
If you’re searching for electrical panel repair service in Broken Arrow, OK, visit Murray Electric & Plumbing. You can contact us online, or call us at (918) 835-9605! We guarantee upfront pricing, licensed electricians and enhanced availability to suit your schedule.