Plumbing problems are the worst. You do not realize how much you rely upon plumbing till you begin having problems. There’s no greater feeling of helplessness than being unable to utilize your restroom or kitchen in the comfort of your home. Luckily, you can call people who can repair these issues! Murray Electric & Plumbing offers a range of plumbing services around Broken Arrow, OK We’re here to assist you with any plumbing problem that might come up, from obstructed drains pipes to leaking pipes and more. Let’s have a look at some of the most common plumbing related problems and why you should call Murray Electric & Plumbing in Broken Arrow, OK if anything goes wrong.
Common Plumbing Problems
- Obstructed Drains – Clogged up drains are another common plumbing problem. They can be triggered by a buildup of debris, such as hair and soap residue, in the pipes. If an obstruction is not removed it can result in water damage, bad odors and other serious problems.
- Leaking Faucets or Pipes – Leaking faucets are among the most common kinds of plumbing issues homeowners encounter. They may cause water wastage and damages in the structure of your house if not handled immediately.
- Low Water Pressure – Low water pressure in one area of your house can be caused by a variety of problems, consisting of leaks or clogs in your pipes. If all of your faucets are affected, however, there may be a more complicated issue that requires the attention of an experienced plumbing professional.
- A Running Toilet – Your toilet is running continuously. A running toilet is generally the result of worn parts like flappers or fill valves that can be quickly replaced. However, if you’ve tried to fix your toilet yourself and it still won’t stop running, it might indicate a larger problem that needs to be resolved by an expert.
- Hot Water Heater Problems – Hot Water Heater issues are amongst the most recurring issues plumbers need to handle. They can be triggered by a range of factors such as sediment build-up, a faulty thermostat and more. If you need water heater repair, you’ll need to reach out to an expert.
What Can Cause Plumbing Related Issues?
Every house owner needs to handle plumbing problems eventually. Whether it’s clogged drains, broken pipes, or something else, there’s no doubt that most plumbing problems are exceptionally aggravating.
Here are six of the most common causes of plumbing problems:
1. Postponing Plumbing Repairs
Perhaps you have a leak in your washroom sink. While the leak is little and gradual, it doesn’t seem like a big deal. However, delaying repairs can cause more costly damage in the future. Take care of leaks as soon as possible to prevent pricey repairs later on.
2. Tossing Food Waste in the Drain
You might be tempted to toss food waste down the drain since you have a garbage disposal. The problem with this is that it can clog your drain pipes and cause much bigger problems with your plumbing system. Toss all solid food waste in the trash can instead of down the drain to keep your plumbing problem-free.
3. Washing Hair Down the Drain
Among the most common causes of plumbing related problems is washing hair down the drain. Gradually, hair can build up inside your pipes and cause a clog, which can result in substantial damage if left untreated.
4. Allowing Dirt to Obstruct Your Pipes
If you have blocked pipes or drains pipes, dirt could be the offender. Dirt can quickly stop up your pipes and drains if you’re not careful. Dirt is often caused by allowing garbage to go down your drains or putting dirt into your sink or toilet.
5. Using Soap Bars With Fat
People often use soap bars when they are washing their hands, but these soaps contain fats that could cause clogs in your drain or pipe system. If you discover that you’re having a lot of issues with clogging in your house, consider switching to liquid soap instead of bar soap.
6. Tossing Objects in the Toilet
This is such a common mistake that it’s almost laughable. Individuals assume that since they flush their toilet every day, they can throw anything they want down there without any consequences. This is simply not true!
How Can Common Plumbing Concerns be Prevented?
Plumbing problems are a common occurrence for many house owners, varying from a minor drip in the faucet to significant sewage backup. However, there are some common plumbing issues that can be prevented with a little routine maintenance and care.
Avoiding problems normally means understanding how they happen and how to prevent them. This can be done by recognizing the root of the problem. For instance, blocked drains pipes are frequently caused by grease, hair and food particles that build up gradually. However, you can prevent blocked drains by using drain screens and avoiding pouring grease down the drain.
Know When to Call an Expert Plumber Near Me in Broken Arrow, OK
If you’re confident in your abilities and have finished this repair work on a similar appliance before, it’s most likely not going to be that difficult for you to deal with. A good rule of thumb is to have a look at the issue before you tackle it. Is it something you can repair with the tools and materials you currently have? Is there anything that could go wrong? If you’re not confident in your skills, or if there are electrical components involved, it may be best to call a professional plumbing company.
Don’t forget that a good plumbing professional will be able to come out promptly, detect the issue and get it repaired in a timely manner. The peace of mind is usually worth the cost of service.
So if you see something out of the ordinary with your plumbing, contact Murray Electric & Plumbing. We serve Broken Arrow, OK and surrounding areas and will take care of your issue promptly and effectively.